Monday 22 April 2013

Tried & Tested in April

I have been busy trialling lots of new products recently and there are some which I think deserve a mention.
First up is the new buzz word in beauty circles, BB creams' big sister the CC cream!  I have tried two of the formulations currently offered by L'Oreal, the ant-fatigue and the anti-redness formulations.  Personally I preferred the anti-redness one but each one tackles a particular skin concern.  As with their BB cream I found the consistency very thin and it can be hard to blend if not applied quickly, but when it is on it does leave a lovely soft focus glow to the skin.  I didn't find the coverage enough but I put my usual BB cream over the top and I got loads of comments on my skin that day!  Overall it is a good product but I think it works better as a primer.
B.Beautiful is the latest skincare offering from Superdrug, a range which offers different products in phases for individual skin types.  I have been using the B.Pure Micellar water, B.Ready day cream and B.Nourished night serum.  The micellar water is promoted as an all-in-one make-up remover, cleanser and toner and I have got to say it leaves my skin feeling really clean and it easily removes make-up (even waterproof), although I did find that it stung my eyes a bit but only for a second.  The day cream is quite thick but it absorbs quickly.  I have found that the moisturising properties don't last long enough for me and I have to reapply so not sure if I will buy this one again.  The night serum on the other hand is lovely, it has a gorgeous texture and glides easily onto skin plus because it is packed with hyaluronic acid my skin looks great the next morning.  The only down side is that it smells of bananas and I can't stand them!
My new favourite eye cream is Olay Instant Hydration.  I have been searching for a decent moisturising eye cream for yonks and this one ticks all the boxes.  It is a lightweight gel which instantly cools and de-puffs eyes, it hydrates the sensitive eye area, it is anti-ageing and it is purse friendly plus it absorbs quickly so is an ideal base before make-up.
Finally another micellar water, L'Oreal Skin Perfect Micellar lotion.  I really liked this one as it left my skin feeling really clean and nourished but unfortunately it struggles with removing make-up so I had to use a separate remover, which kind of defeats the object but it is good for freshening the skin so I would probably still buy it to use when I'm not wearing eye make-up!
I love trying new products and I love to tell you about them so if there is any products you think I should try let me know and you night just see them on here or on my Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/BecksBeautyBuzz/ !
Until next time.....
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment