Thursday 14 March 2013

My make-up bag must haves!

I am constantly trying new products and as a consequence my make-up bag is filled to overflowing, but there are certain items that I couldn't live without regardless of how many brands I try!
My everyday make-up is very natural and fuss-free and I rarely spend more than 5 minutes on it!  I like a sheer base, liner, mascara and a hint of colour on my cheeks & lips.
Garnier Miracle Skin Perfector BB cream gives me natural coverage whilst still disguising imperfections. I have tried lots of different brands (see previous post) but still return to this every time!
To reduce any shine I turn to Collection 2000 Sheer translucent loose powder.  I buff it over my face with a large powder brush and it provides me with a velvety feel and look instantly, plus at only £2.99 it doesn't break the bank.
For my eyes I put a thin line of Avon Glimmerstick for eyes in cosmic brown (£6.00) as close to my upper lashes as I can get.  This liner goes on smoothly without dragging my skin and the colour lasts all day without smudging.
I like to use a swipe of Rimmel Scandaleyes Kohl Liner in nude (£3.99) along my lower waterline to reduce redness and give me a wide-awake look.
I have tried many mascaras but the one I rely on is No7 Exquisite Curl Mascara (£11.00) in brown/black.  A quick wiggle at the base of my lashes & then a sweep of the specially curved wand through to the tips and I have done away with the need for eyelash curlers, and opened up my eyes in a flash.
To finish I simply rub a little Vaseline Lip Therapy in rosy (£1.99) onto the apples of my cheeks and and lips for a natural, healthy flush of colour and smooth lips into the bargain!
I like to experiment with my evening look and therefore don't really have favourites but there is one product definitely worth a mention and that is MUA Pro Palettes for eyes - at only £4.00 and with 12 complimentary colours per set they are a real bargain so you can afford to play with your look!  Plus the colours are buildable and blend brilliantly so you can create loads of individual looks from a single palette!
What are your make-up bag heroes?  Let me know, and if you try any of the products mentioned let me know what you think.
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment